The 31st Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Municipal Insurance Association of B.C.'s (MIABC's) subscribers will take place on September 11, 2018 in Whistler, B.C. Further details on the precise time and location of the AGM will be provided in due course.
This year, the five Director-at-Large positions are up for election. As stipulated in Article 3.04 of the Reciprocal Insurance Exchange Agreement (RIEA), those interested in serving on the MIABC’s Board must satisfy the following qualifications:
Any individual may be a member of the Board provided that, and for long as, he or she:
- is a person who is nineteen (19) years of age or more;
- is not a person who is of unsound mind, having been so found by a Court of Canada, or elsewhere;
- is not a person who has the status of a bankrupt;
- is a councillor, mayor, alderman, director, officer, or employee of a Subscriber; and provided that no other councillor, mayor, alderman, director, officer, or employee of the Subscriber is also a member of the Board; and has at least one of the following four qualifications:
- at least two years’ experience in accounting, finance, or local government purchasing;
- at least two years’ experience in the insurance industry;
- at least two years’ experience with local government risk management or an enterprise risk management program; or
- at least two years’ governance experience in a regulated or publicly traded entity.
Additionally, as stipulated in the MIABC’s Nomination and Election Procedure Bylaw, all nomination materials should include the following four items: (i) a completed “Personal Information Return” in the form provided by the Financial Institutions Commission of British Columbia; (ii) a bankruptcy and insolvency report; (iii) a criminal record check report; and (iv) a current resume.
Interested candidates should contact Board Vice-Chair Deb Kozak, Chair of the Nominating Committee, care of the MIABC's offices by June 15, 2018. Please direct all correspondence to the MIABC's Board Secretary, Heidi Kriz, at email@example.com.
The AGM Booklet with further voting information and the 2018 Resolutions will be distributed at the end of August.