Status: Full-time permanent
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to a small, in-house litigation team.
• Drafts and proofreads correspondence including briefs, pleadings, lists of documents and other court documents.
• Books travel. Schedules and manages lawyers’ calendars.
• Conducts internet research of search of court records.
• Assembles trial and document binders.
• Opens, closes, maintains and organizes legal files.
• Maintains department Excel worksheets and lawyers’ timesheets.
• Maintains a BF system.
• Reviews files and gathers and obtains relevant documents for evidence.
• Provides back-up support for the other Legal Assistant during absences.
• Provides short-term back-up support for the Admin team during breaks when the Admin team is short-staffed.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office 365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.).
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Superior attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
• Good time-management skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple files and deadlines.
• Punctuality and reliability.
• Team player.
• Experience drafting court pleadings and familiarity with Supreme and Provincial court procedures is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the MIABC. We are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this position may forward their resume to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.